Wednesday 20 April 2011

Trendy Talons


I honestly believe there’s no better pick-me-up than having a gorgeous set of false nails. After trying them for the first time about a year ago after seeing a set of DIY ones from Boots, I’m completely hooked! Previously I’d always thought false nails were for chavs trying (and failing) to recreate the feisty R&B diva look, but I don’t mind admitting I was completely wrong. They create a clean, polished look which enhances your outfit, after all there’s nothing worse than putting together an outfit Alexa Chung would be proud of and spoiling it with my brittle, broken nails. Luckily for me, and the rest of us that aren’t blessed with beautiful, strong talons, Sheffield is full to the rafters with nails bars for all budgets, most of which do a student discount (woo!)

If you’re on a tight budget you can always buy a DIY pair, however, I find that they tend to pop(!) off at annoying or inappropriate moments (for me, at a recent job interview *ahem*) But you can always pick them up and glue them back on if like me, you have no shame. I recently had a quick browse of eBay to pick up my own acrylics and try my hand at designing my own but was quickly sucked in to buying 2 sets of predesigned nails for 58p each (Yeah, I know) so it doesn’t look like I’ll be unleashing my artistic side anytime soon. So now that you have no excuse not to own a pair, why not go for a fluorescent ‘tan-clashing’ shade that has promised to be a hit this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment