Wednesday 20 April 2011

Maxi Madness

I know we’ve barely stepped into spring but the world of fashion and beauty is already talking about summer. The catwalks this spring have been a sea of different colour trends, from bright 70’s brights to sweet ballerina pastels. However, after jumping on the 70’s trend bandwagon, the maxi dress has stood out the most to me. If I could only wear one outfit this season, it would be this sexy piece of fashion magic. Heck, I might even go the whole hog and get myself a Volkswagon Beetle to accessorise with. You literally can’t escape from them as the high street is adorned with maxi dresses in a million prints and colours that have me ‘Ooohing’ and ‘Ahhing’ as I peruse the aisles

What I particularly love about this dress is that you can work it into whatever your style forte is, just by teaming it with your favourite accessories (probably not a Volkswagon). Personally, I’ll be wearing mine with a statement necklace and throw on a vintage denim jacket when that typically British summer chill pays us a visit.
 However, only being 5’3” myself I always thought achieving this bohemian look was well out of reach for my sort *sob* so I was ecstatic when I saw models pairing them with 5” wedges. Not only will I be able to rock this look this spring, I’ll fall flat on my face too…but it’s a price I’m willing to pay.

With the festival season hot on our heels this is with be your new best friend, for me, there’s nothing that says festival goddess more than the maxi. Just don’t forget your wellies! Although, if like me you’re too poor to enjoy the many festivals this year, there’s no shame in treating Devvy Green as your holiday destination, the deck chairs outside Forum certainly help.
This trend won’t be going away anytime soon and will take you straight through to a (hopefully) heat wave summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment